Monday, March 30, 2009

One lucky girl







My 18 year old niece, Chelsea, was in an accident last Thursday night that could have taken her life. Thankfully, she wasn't injured badly, but as you can see from the pictures, she is very lucky. I am blogging this because I care about her and want her to know that.
She cannot take back that night, or the fact that she was drinking and driving... but she does have the power to decide where she goes from here.
We are here to help and support in any way we can. We've all made mistakes along the way... these moments do not define you; what you do from here forward will. We love you Chelsea.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. ~Henry David Thoreau

4 comments:

Janine said...

Lucky, Lucky Girl. By the grace of God.

No words can describe the emotions that went through me and Jerry when Chelsea called in the middle of the night, hysterical, and told me that she just rolled her pick-up and that she was hurt.

I rushed to the emergency room and waited for what seemed like an eternity, for her to arrive. They whisked her and I to the e.r. and as she is lying there strapped to a backboard and crying for my help, I felt so helpless myself.

Now the real work begins.

I love what you said about how this incident does not define her, but what she chooses to do from here will. So true.

Thanks for your love and support.

Love you,

Janine

Lindy said...

What a blessing that she is alive! She is very lucky to be given this second chance.

Amy Moore said...

I am so glad she is okay! God was watching over her. She is so beautiful!

Way to go COLE!! 1st place wow!! impressive.

jennie said...

hey girl, it was great talking to you today!! Thks for your nice compliments!! I am so glad that your neice is OK. Car accidents are so scary!! Talk to you soon!!