Luke 2:9-11 "And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord."
The lasting Joy of Christmas is found when we receive the hopeful promise, and never let go. And that is why, for so many, Christmas comes too quickly, and leaves in the twinkling of an eye. You see, God didn’t bring us good tidings of great joy, just for a day, or a week, or a season, but for our whole life. God didn’t come because we were ready, because we were prepared, but he came, because our lives are not perfect, we have often lost our way, and we need a Savior.
I have everything I need, right now, in this moment.
3 comments:
Stacey! I LOVE this posting. It gave me chills. Thank you for celebrating and spreading the real meaning of Christmas!
I love seeing how your family celebrates. Hope it is a white Christmas.
Blessings to you all!
Amy
My sentiments exactly....thanks for expressing it so well:) We are so blessed to have the Stenseth family a part of our lives.
I love your post Stacey. It is so easy to get caught up in all the craziness!!:) BTW is was so fun going to lunch with you. I love our chats!! Thanks for being so complimentary about how I look too. That made my day!!:) Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment