When I was in grade school, I loved to read any book by Beverly Cleary. Hence, my love for Ramona Quimby and her big sister, Beezus. I had saved all those books from my childhood and shared them with Cole and Morgan the past few years. Last year, we listened to one of her books on CD on our way to Montana. I remember from reading when I was little, and then hearing it again on the CD...Ramona made stilts out of tin cans. I had put this on my "to do" list with the kids, but finally accomplished it last weekend after work. It was a gorgeous weekend here! Sunday's temperatures almost reached 60 degrees! I had a hard time getting the kids in the house when the sun went down. Tin can stilts, bicycling, walking the dogs, shooting hoops... the perfect day in the warmth of the sun.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Ramona's tin can stilts
When I was in grade school, I loved to read any book by Beverly Cleary. Hence, my love for Ramona Quimby and her big sister, Beezus. I had saved all those books from my childhood and shared them with Cole and Morgan the past few years. Last year, we listened to one of her books on CD on our way to Montana. I remember from reading when I was little, and then hearing it again on the CD...Ramona made stilts out of tin cans. I had put this on my "to do" list with the kids, but finally accomplished it last weekend after work. It was a gorgeous weekend here! Sunday's temperatures almost reached 60 degrees! I had a hard time getting the kids in the house when the sun went down. Tin can stilts, bicycling, walking the dogs, shooting hoops... the perfect day in the warmth of the sun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment