Tuesday, September 2, 2008

No More Flip Flops


My first blog! Rich set off for a week in Cheyenne, Wyoming this morning. I decided that, rather than doing my PTA stuff, or finally painting the ceiling in the living room, maybe I should create a blog. I'm actually trying to stay ahead of my kids with this computer technology.

Cole and Morgan are back in school and loving their days. Cole actually had homework this weekend (gasp!) and didn't procrastinate about getting it done. Maybe we're starting off on the right foot? Morgan was wishing for homework this weekend, but only had to do reading. I also taught her how to hand sew this weekend. My neighbor asked, "what's next, are you going to teach her to churn butter?". Maybe I will. She loved making a pillow that she put a face on and called it "Squishy-Wishy". She also made a pink and purple dog (sort of looks like a dinosaur) named "Comet".

We had a fun weekend- boys went hiking on Saturday to Mount Timpanogos with the Hatch boys and we "recovered" on Sunday. That evening we had a great evening with the Bayans family... I found out that I cannot be the drummer for Rock Band, but that Rich and Cole may soon be going on the road (Cole on guitar and Rich singing). Monday was spent doing chores around the house... we're going to winterize things a little earlier this year... hoping that no flood occurs this fall.

Getting excited for our upcoming cruise with some other couples from Swire. Grandma Donna had planned to come to watch the kids; then we had a great surprise when Uncle Chuck and Aunt Linda decided to join her on her trip to Utah. The kids will have a blast with them while we're having our mom and dad weekend.

It snowed in the mountains on Sunday night. I guess that means that Fall is just around the corner. I'm ready for some cooler weather... the only downfall is that I'll have to wear real shoes... no more flip flops.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Yeah for Stacey!!!! Now wasn't hat fun? You will quickly be addicted. Love the photos.I will add you to my list of sites to see.

Amy Moore said...

WAY to go, welcome to blog land. I miss you guys, and your neighbor. she cracks me up! now you have to keep up on it. You will find yourself thinking of things to blog about ha ha! screw pta. ha ha