

Morgan and her friend, Avery, at Young Chef's Academy. They made some delicious treats, including truffles, biscotti cookies, cupcakes, and chocolate dipped strawberries. 3 hours of great fun and somebody else to clean up!!! Morgan would love to go there again sometime. She was also inspired to make
butter this weekend. Do you know anyone who actually
makes butter? Well, I went to the store, bought the cream and came home to a disappointed girl who actually wanted to
churn the butter by hand. I thought the Kitchenaid mixer was a much better idea. The butter turned out great, and we even melted some of it on our popcorn that night.


The above pictures are of our evening at Gygi Culinary Institute (our Valentine's date). Rich is trimming the tenderloin, and I was making gorgonzola sauce to serve over the meat (pictured with our neighbor, Pat). The 4 other couples there shared the cooking duties making roasted asparagus and tomatoes, salad with pears and candied pecans, and chocolate melting cake. After cooking, we all sat down to a great meal and fun conversation together. It was a very fun experience, something we would definitely try again!

On Saturday, Cole had his final Jr. Jazz game of the regular season. It was certainly a nail-biter. Cole's team was down by 1 point with 29 seconds to go, and they came back and won by 3 points. I had a headache from yelling and cheering so much! It was a great way to end the regular season. Way to go team!!!
2 comments:
It looks like you had a fun Valentines night cooking some yummy food!! I want that kitchen that you cooked at!!:) Gorgeous!! You look like a regular Rachael Ray in that kitchen!!
Love the photos! I need to get the info on the cooking school Morgan did. Do they do it for older kids? I think Miranda would really love to do something like that. And that does look like an amazing kitchen you got to cook all that amazing food in. We'll have to try that sometime too.
Post a Comment