Naps seem like a strange thing to blog about, especially since my kids are 12 and 9. I am talking about the naps that I take, usually one nap a week, and often on Mondays. Monday, because it is often after a weekend at work, and typically after a hard work out at the gym that morning. This isn't a little "close your eyes for 20 minutes" nap... I'm talking about getting undressed, and under the covers, turning the fan on for white noise, and, occasionally, letting the dogs come snuggle with me. I feel cheated if my nap, actual sleep time, isn't at least one hour. I suppose I should feel guilty that I'm not doing one more load of laundry, answering emails, mopping the floors, or something "productive". Nope. That is what I will spend the rest of the week doing. This is a time for my mind to be still and for my body to rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment