Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This past week's events...


Yep, Spirit Week has returned to the halls of Alta View Elementary-- it's Nerd Day today! Cole is a self-proclaimed "nerd" in the classroom, but doesn't usually dress the part. Today, he did. That wig is a crazy match to his own hair color!
Cole's flag football team, the Hawks, are undefeated thus far! He is having a great time playing a new sport and meeting new friends. These pictures were taken on a nice day, but on Saturday, they played in a downpour. They didn't seem to care, though, as long as they got the "W"!

I ran a 5K on Saturday to benefit the Fourth Street Clinic in SLC. The run and triathlon are put on by the U of U med students and the proceeds benefit the medical clinic that helps the homeless. I am trying to talk Rich into doing the next race with me...

Mom left on Friday to go back to Montana, and Rich's dad and Jen came for the weekend. Can you say Hotel Stenseth? We had fun visiting and catching up. They brought me a lefse griddle and some lefse turners that have been in the family for quite a few years. My dad taught Rich how to make lefse the year before he died... we'll have to put his recipe and our new tools to good use this Thanksgiving.

I worked at the U yesterday. Among the patients we saw were two patients in their early 20's who had attempted suicide and failed. I don't know what they'd been through that made them them want to end their lives; it is just so sad. I also saw many other patients, and their families, clinging to their last bit of life and hope. My job is a constant reminder to be grateful for each day, no matter what it brings.

2 comments:

Amy Moore said...

Wow Stacey, busy week! That is so sad about work. Too much pressure to live up to? Any big summer plans yet?

jennie said...

Cole looks adorable, I love it!! It sounds like you have had a busy week or so. Pauls dad is here until Tues. and my birthday is Tues, so my fam wants to take me to lunch, so lets go the end of next week or the beginning of the next week if that works for you! I miss you!! I need a Stacy fix!!:)