Monday, May 25, 2009

We remember...

To all the men and women who have died for our country and who continue to fight for our freedom... we honor you.
To my Dad who died with honor, not fighting for his country, but battling for his life. I will remember you, not necessarily by visiting your grave, but whenever I see a wheat field, think of your laughter, smell dust and diesel, or feel the warmth of the sun on a cold winter's day.
To my grandparents: I will remember you whenever I think of the Sunday dinners at Grandma D's, whenever I see a Monopoly board or a can of Diet Rite, when I think of running the old fashioned cash register at the Town Pump in Whitefish, when I taste lefse, or look at that old coloring book we all left our mark on.
To my friend, Nancy, who died much too young...forever 15. I wonder what you would have done and where you would have gone in this big world? Would you have kids? I think of you when I see baby bunnies or a beautiful horse in a field. Did I tell you I'd love to have a goat one day? I think of you when I see blonde curls on anyone, when I think of eating fish right off the bone, and when I hear certain songs.
For everything I am and all that I've learned because these people went before me...I am blessed.

No comments: