Thursday, October 8, 2009

Catching up: West Yellowstone in September

Dean, Greg, & I before the game
Jordy and the water boy
Jordy & the cheerleader
Auntie Mike and I
Greg & the kids at the Old Faithful Lodge

Did September go by as quickly as I think it did? I was pretty lame with my blogging last month... my list of excuses is long.

One of the highlights of September was our trip to West Yellowstone to see our nephew, Jordy, play football. We headed to West Yellowstone on Friday after school, spent the evening laughing our heads off with Dean, Dana, & R.T., and woke up to a beautiful Saturday in Montana. After a little shopping (and laughing) in the local shops, we headed to the game. It was 90 degrees, so the coats we had packed were not necessary.

The North Star Knights won their game easily and Jordy played very well as the starting quarterback! Morgan loved cheering on her cousin (and hanging out with his girlfriend), and Cole was asked to be the team's water boy for the day! He did a great job! Lucky for me, my cousin, Chuck and his family came for the game and brought my favorite auntie along. We also got to see some of the Hi-Line folks we hadn't seen in a LONG time. After the game, we all headed out for pizza, then drove into Yellowstone Park to the Old Faithful Lodge. After witnessing Old Faithful do its thing, we all went into the lodge for more laughter and memories. Sunday morning, we enjoyed brunch with Greg, and then headed off for a quick tour of a very small portion of the park before coming back to Utah.

I was in need of a little "home" and this quick weekend trip was exactly what I needed! Thank you everyone for an awesome time. Jordy, we are proud of you!

No comments: