The kids had Friday off (again!) this week. They each had friends sleep over on Thursday night. On Friday, Cole went skiing at Alta with his friend, Tyler. Morgan and her friend, Savannah, spent Friday afternoon ice skating. Saturday brought overcast skies, but we headed up to Park City for a day of skiing. Only half of the mountain was open, due to high winds on top, but, overall it wasn't a bad day for skiing. It is amazing how much the kids improve every year.
I had a weird experience on the ski slopes, which happened once before at Solitude on a cloudy day. I became nauseated every time I was coming down a run. I tried going without goggles to see if that would help, but I ended up "losing my cookies" in the trees a few times. I felt better after lunch, but then it started again after a few runs. I ended up letting the family finish out the day without me. I googled this when I got home... apparently, it is a form of motion sickness that some skiers experience, which is generally worse with cloudy or snowy conditions. It can come on as you get older (gasp!). So next time, I will take Dramamine before I hit the slopes!
2 comments:
Looks like you had a lot of fun...Except losing your cookies of course!! Sorry that you had to stop skiing.
That's crazy about the motion sickness and skiing, something I wouldn't even thought of! Sitting by a warm fire with a nice toasty drink while every one else is skiing is a good way to spend the day also! :)
Post a Comment