Yep, that is what the weatherman is saying. I am actually hopeful that he is right. I have all the yard work done, Rich has winterized all the things that could freeze and flood, and I can't wait to put the mower away and rev up the snowblower! Last year, I snuck home from the neighbors' house during the Superbowl, just so I could run the thing. Weird, I know.
In other news, Cole and Morgan have been in swimming lessons the past 2 weeks and are loving it. They are both really good swimmers, but we wanted them to build up their stamina before the trip in December, so they can snorkel with us. It is just under two months until we leave. Since we told them about the trip in April, it has been a long wait for them. They are so anxious.
The Halloween costumes are taken care of. No more princesses or cutesy things for Morgan... those days are gone I guess. She will be a pirate. Cole chose a very cool Star Wars costume. You will get to see pictures soon. I thought it was a nice compliment (?) when the kids thought I should get a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader costume "because Dad would love you in that". I just couldn't justify $60.00 for the outfit. However, Rich did confirm that it would be a good outfit for vacuuming.
Pumpkins, yes... we have those, too. A reminder of how much we miss Greenbluff. Greenbluff is an area in north Spokane that is all farmland, filled with orchards, pumpkin fields, corn fields, and fun. We also used to go get our Christmas trees there. So, instead, we drove down to Ream's-- the grocery store with the best price on pumpkins and picked out our favorites. They are decorating our home, awaiting the carving to be done the week of Halloween.
For your viewing enjoyment, the picture above is of Cole and Morgan in 2002 (Cole was 4 and Morgan was 1) at Greenbluff. Cole obviously did not want his picture taken with his sister.
1 comment:
Love the picture. We are not ready for snow yet. Our yard is not ready, our swamp cooler is not ready, our pipes are not ready....we are not ready! (Maybe you and Rich need to come over for a visit???)
Post a Comment