Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This week's happenings...
















It is Tuesday, October 28 --happy birthday a day late, Dean! My youngest big brother turned 44 yesterday. I think we should still be in our 20's and 30's (well, I still am in the 30's decade, but I can't say that for the brothers). I don't know where the time is going.
Last Thursday evening, we went to the Jazz vs. Trailblazers game. The kids had a blast cheering the players on and Morgan got to meet some of the Jazz dancers.

Last evening, we carved our pumpkins! As usual, it was a process. I always do the free-hand - hope it turns out pumpkin that takes about 5 minutes. Then, I got to carve Morgan's for her, as she wanted to "do one like Dad's this year". Hers is the ghost/boo one, Cole's is Dr. Jekyl, and Rich's is the witch/cauldron. You can tell which one is mine. My witch's hat with the "S" on it. I have played the part before... imagine that...it is truly scary.
Abby and Bert were there for the carving festivities-- eating pumpkin seeds off the floor. I didn't know what Morgan was doing when she went into the living room and was saying, "Abby, say, bock, bock, bock...". I guess you can see what she was doing. Abby was not amused.

Today it is 75 degrees here and gorgeous. It may actually be warm on Halloween. I remember bundling up for Halloween in Montana with snowsuits under our cheesy plastic costumes with the plastic half-mask that had an elastic string on the back. The eye holes were rarely where they needed to be. But, boy was it fun. The kids are counting the days until they can wear their costumes and load up on treats!





No comments: