After school, Cole was having a snack and we were discussing his day. He said there was a debate in his honors language arts class regarding whether or not kids should be allowed to show affection in the hallways at school. He said, "I spoke up and said I didn't think it was necessary for kids to show affection at school, and that at our ages, it isn't really necessary to be in relationships." I told him I was proud of him for speaking up, since his opinion certainly wasn't the popular opinion on this subject. He said, "yes, and furthermore, the kids I know that are in relationships at my age seem to be kids that don't feel very good about themselves, and need someone else in their lives to make them feel better."
It is safe to say that I was not this insightful at 13.
2 comments:
Okay, has Cole been hanging out with the Mormon kids and reading the Strength For Youth pamphlet??? He is very insightful and his ideas are very wise for his age!! I agree with Cole. I love that boy!!!!
Connie- no Strength for Youth pamphlet in this house. We've just always taught the kids that a relationship isn't necessary at a young age.
Post a Comment